Are you willing to try your hands on the badge reels and wondering whether UV Resin will go for that or not?
Among the list of the best resins, UV resin always stands out to be on the top. And why not? Since it has tons of benefits over other resins.
UV resin offers a super time saver option when it comes to the curing and working time of the resin. Wondering how? Dive deep into this article to know.
This article is intended to let you know much more about UV Resin.
It will also answer your query on ‘Is UV resin good for badge reel?’ along with providing you with the super tips and tricks for working with UV resin to prepare badge reels.
Hang out till the last to explore together.
What is UV Resin and Its Uses –
UV resin is a special kind of resin that needs UV light to be cured. Thin layers of UV resins are preferred to be poured, and each layer is then exposed to the UV light for curing until the next layer is poured on.
The UV light can be directly from sunlight or a UV lamp. The resin is generally used to seal collages or cast desired shapes out of the molds.
Resin art typically is the art of patience as it involves so much patience until the duration of the final product. UV resin then comes into focus and makes this situation bearable enough.
UV resin takes almost no time to cure; that takes almost a few seconds to a few minutes to get cured, and that’s why people, including me, tend to prioritize UV resin over all types of Resin (You can check the best UV Resin for badge reels here).
Is UV resin perfect for badge reels?
Believe me; there could be no better option than UV resin when discussing badge reels. The reason simply lies in the fast curing of UV resin, which pays the route to a hassle-free process of making badge reels.
UV resins are continuously poured in layers that make them super flexible for any sudden transformation or fixation. And when it’s about your badge reel, compromising the quality is never an option.
I personally felt relying on UV resin for my badge reels came out to be one of the best decisions I have made because the finest touch and glossy look (with clear clusters and dried flowers) I received was explicitly tremendous and worst trusting for.
Benefits of using UV resin for Badge reels –
Well, talking about UV resin can never be without its benefits. And when it comes to badge reels curated from UV resin, it has surplus benefits to present.
1. It provides an easy chance of modification at earlier stages of the process of making badge reels as each layer is poured in intervals.
2. A much longer lifespan (that of half a year or so) is exclusively offered by UV resin casting products.
3. UV resin gets cured fast, reducing the casting efforts and dedicated time.
4. Any additives, such as glitters, clusters, flowers, etc., can be added easily with each layer when poured at regular intervals.
These are some things I extensively love about casting a badge reel out of UV resin.
Things to Keep in Mind When Making UV Badge Reel –
Mentioned here are a few of the things you really need to insist on when working UV resin on a serious note.
1. Opt for proper ventilation – Since UV resin gets cured by UV light, it is necessary to keep the doors and windows open when working in a closed space.
This will ensure your art piece cures even faster as it will get enough sunlight. And also, ventilation is of utmost importance when working with the resins to eliminate hazardous fumes.
2. Prefer thin layers – Yes, UV resin always follows a technique to be worked on. It is to be poured in thinner layers, and after pouring each layer, you will have to use UV light to get it cured or be ready to face the consequences.
3. Avoid using fingertips to check – Even I was so desperate to get my final product done quickly that I kept checking the resin every couple of minutes.
There won’t be any surprise if I tell you that it literally left a fingerprint impression on my resin. (Thanks to my wit, though, I realized it soon and got that fixed with a little bit of twisting of resin by the mold).
Thank me later for informing this, but you will surely hit the art piece as a masterpiece now!
4. Add extra attractive chunks – Well, it’s not at all a compulsion but UV resin, when paired with extra beautiful, shiny, or classy chunks, can offer multiplied beauty to the badge reels.
Not to underestimate the fact that plain and simple clear UV resin also has the finished glossy crystal look.
5. Prevent the reel from Heat and scratches – UV resin is not highly resistant to heat and scratch, and that’s why your badge reel needs ultimate protection from heat and scratches over the long run.
Keep your badge reels away from the direct heat and baby care your badge reels.
1. Do we need to pour UV resin in layers for badge reels?
Yes, working with UV resin requires you to pour it into thinner layers and expose it to the UV light for curing after each consecutive pouring.
This will ensure your badge is mess-free and each layer will come out perfectly aligned with the other.
2. How much time does UV resin takes to get cured while curating Badge reels?
Well, working with resin doesn’t include hastiness. But thanks to UV resin as it has reversed this statement.
YES, making badge reels with UV resin is one of the most favorable choices for yourself regarding the faster curing time. It only takes a few seconds to a few minutes to cure completely.
3. Is it possible to add glitter and funky materials to the badge reels while casting them with UV resin?
An absolute YES to that! You can always add glitters, clusters, and all the funky materials you want to add to the badge reels while casting them with UV resin.
In fact, as normally as you do with other resins. This will multiply the beauty of your badge reels to infinity. I preferred adding some dried flowers and clusters; trust me, that went really awesome.
Hope this article was able to answer your query on whether UV resin suits to be the best resin for the badge reels.
Trying out different art pieces with UV resin will be another level of fun, and trust us, if you follow this article, you will surely lead to a UV resin badge reel masterpiece.
So, try out your creativity with UV resin and let us know further in the comments how your experience was with casting a UV resin badge reel. Happy Reels!